Ph.D. Student Advisor: Taesoo Kim School of Computer Science College of Computing Georgia Institute of Technology
- [08/15/2018] QSYM got a Distinguished Paper Award at USENIX Security'18!
- [08/12/2018] DEFKOR00T won DEFCON CTF 2018!
- [07/20/2018] REPT is accepted to OSDI'18.
- [05/13/2018] r00timentary is qualified for DEFCON CTF 2018 final.
- [05/02/2018] QSYM is accepted to Security'18.
- [06/09/2016] A Python bug found by me (@Jakkdu) and Yeongjin(@blue9057), $1,000 from the Internet Bug Bounty.
- [05/04/2017] AVPASS is accepted to Black Hat USA 2017.
- [04/21/2017] CAB-Fuzz is accepted to ATC'17.
- [11/11/2016] APISan is nominated as the top 10 research papers by CSAW'16.
- [05/13/2016] APISan is accepted to Security'16.
- [05/04/2016] Three PHP bugs found by me (@Jakkdu) and Yeongjin (@blue9057), $1,500 from the Internet Bug Bounty.
1. REPT: Reverse Debugging of Failures in Deployed Software (to appear) Weidong Cui, Xinyang Ge, Baris Kasikci, Ben Niu, Upamanyu Sharma, Ruoyu Wang, and Insu Yun (alphabetical) In Proceedings of the 13th USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI 2018) Carlsbad, CA, October, 2018 2. QSYM: A Practical Concolic Execution Engine Tailored for Hybrid Fuzzing [paper] [slides] [code] Insu Yun, Sangho Lee, Meng Xu, Yeongjin Jang, and Taesoo Kim In Proceedings of the 27th USENIX Security Symposium (Security 2018) Baltimore, MD, August, 2018 * Distinguished Paper Award 3. AVPASS: Leaking and Bypassing Antivirus Detection Model Automatically [slides] [code] Jinho Jung, Chanil Jeon, Max Wolotsky, Insu Yun, Taesoo Kim BlackHat USA 2017 Las Vegas, NV, Auguest, 2017 4. CAB-Fuzz: Practical Concolic Testing Techniques for COTS Operating Systems Su Yong Kim, Sangho Lee, Insu Yun, Wen Xu, Byoungyoung Lee, Youngtae Yun, Taesoo Kim [paper] [slides] In Proceedings of the 2017 USENIX Annual Technical Conference (ATC 2017) Santa Clara, CA, July 2017 5. APISan: Sanitizing API Usages through Semantic Cross-checking [paper] [slides] [code] Insu Yun, Changwoo Min, Xujie Si, Yeongjin Jang, Taesoo Kim, Mayur Naik In Proceedings of the 25th USENIX Security Symposium (Security 2016) Austin, TX, August, 2016 * Nominated as a finalist in CSAW Best Applied Research Paper Award 2016 6. HDFI: Hardware-Assisted Data-flow Isolation [paper] [slides] [code] Chengyu Song, Hyungon Moon, Monjur Alam, Insu Yun, Byoungyoung Lee, Taesoo Kim, Wenke Lee, Yunheung Paek In Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (Oakland 2016) San Jose, CA, May 2016 7. Kargus: a highly-scalable software-based intrusion detection system [paper] Muhammad Jamshed, Jihyung Lee, Sangwoo Moon, Insu Yun, Deokjin Kim, Sungryoul Lee, Yung Yi, KyoungSoo Park In Proceedings of the 19th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS 2012) Raleigh, NC, Oct 2012
- DEFCON 26 CTF, 1st grade (DEFKOR00T), Las Vegas, NV, Aug 2018
- DEFCON 24 CTF, 3rd grade (DEFKOR), Las Vegas, NV, Aug 2016
- Darpa Cyber Grand Challenge (CGC), 7th grade (Disekt), Las Vegas, NV, Aug 2016
- Hungry Hungry Hacker CTF 2016, 1st place, Atlanta, GA, Apr 2016
- Whitehat contest 2015, 1st place (SysSec), Seoul, Korea, Nov 2015
- DEFCON 23 CTF, 1st place (DEFKOR), Las Vegas, NV, Aug 2015
- DEFCON 22 CTF, 10th place (GoN), Las Vegas, NV, Aug 2014
- SECCON CTF 2014, 1st place(TOEFL Beginner), Tokyo, Japan, Feb 2014
- Codegate CTF 2012, 3rd place (GoN), Seoul, Korea, Apr 2012
- Secuinside CTF 2011, 3rd place (GoN), Seoul, Korea, Oct 2011
- ISEC CTF 2011, 1st place (GoN), Seoul, Korea, Sep 2011
- DEFCON 18 CTF, 3rd place (KAIST@Postech), Las Vegas, NV, Aug 2010
- Codegate CTF 2010, 5th place (GoN), Seoul, Korea, Apr 2010
- KISA HDCON 2009, 2nd place (GoN), Seoul, Korea, May 2009
- Codegate CTF 2009, 4th place (GoN), Seoul, Korea, Apr 2009